
Nagaland News: Due to continuous torrential rains, a massive landslide occurred in Defense Colony of Mon city of Nagaland on Sunday morning. This natural disaster caused huge devastation in the area. Due to the landslide, many pucca houses were instantly turned into debris, while many other houses were washed away. According to initial information, about 10 to 13 houses have been completely affected. After the incident, there is an atmosphere of chaos in the entire area. The administration has immediately started relief and rescue operations.
3 dead bodies recovered, fear of many people being buried
In the initial reports after the accident, it was feared that many people were buried under the debris. Mon Deputy Commissioner Wenyi Konyak said that so far three bodies have been recovered from the debris. At the same time, four other people are still feared trapped under the debris. The administration says that the search for the missing people is continuing. Relief teams are making every possible effort.
Challenge in rescue due to rain and sliding soil
Relief and rescue operations are being affected due to continuous rains and unstable soil of the hilly area. Due to strong water flow and continuously shifting soil, heavy machines and rescue teams are facing a lot of difficulties in working. Despite this, the rescue operation continues without any pause.
SDRF, Police and Assam Rifles teams on the spot
Soon after the incident, teams of State Disaster Response Force (SDRF), police, Assam Rifles and local volunteers reached the spot. In the jointly run rescue operation, the missing people are being searched by removing the debris. The administration has assured all possible assistance to the affected families.
Administration issued warning
In view of the bad weather conditions, the administration has appealed to the people living in affected and sensitive areas to move to safe places. Officials say that there is still a danger of landslides due to continuous rains. In such a situation, people have been appealed to remain alert and follow the guidelines issued by the administration. At present, relief and rescue work is going on war footing and the administration is continuously monitoring the situation.
(Report- Shubham Sah/Nagaland)
Leave a Reply