
The ongoing war between Israel and Hamas is not stopping. This war, which started on October 7, 2023, continues even today. Gaza city has been reduced to rubble due to Israeli attacks. Thousands of people have died so far, including a large number of women and children. Despite the ceasefire that came into effect in October 2025, the Israeli Army (IDF) is continuously carrying out air strikes in Gaza. Meanwhile, the IDF has claimed to have killed Hamas sniper battalion commander Omar Ahmed Abu Qasim. However, at present no statement has come from Hamas on this.
The Israeli army has claimed that it has killed Omar Ahmed Abu Qasim in an airstrike in central Gaza. According to the IDF, Abu Qasim was a sniper commander of Hamas’ military wing and took part in several attacks on Israeli soldiers in Gaza during the war.
ELIMINATED: Omar Ahmed Abu Qasem, a Battalion Sniper Commander in Hamas’ military wing.
In recent months, Abu Qasem attempted to reestablish Hamas’ military wing & advanced additional terror attacks against IDF troops, in violation of the ceasefire agreement.
— Israel Defense Forces (@IDF) July 16, 2026
Accused of planning attack on Israeli soldiers
The Israeli military also claims that in recent months Omar Ahmed was planning to revive Hamas’ military activities and carry out new attacks on Israeli soldiers, in violation of the ceasefire agreement. The IDF said Israeli troops deployed under the Southern Command are present in the area in accordance with the ceasefire agreement and will continue operations to eliminate any immediate threat.
Two more of Hamas in air strike commander pile
On Tuesday, the IDF killed two commanders of Hamas Nukhba in northern Gaza. Terrorist Ali Shamlakh, deputy commander of Hamas’s Nukhba Company, was killed in this attack. Shamlakh according to IDF Attempted to promote terrorist attacks by training terrorists who were planning to carry out terrorist attacks against Israeli civilians and IDF soldiers stationed in the region. Apart from this, the main terrorist of Nukhba cell in Hamas’s Sabra battalion, Nasser Lauh, was also killed in this attack. The IDF says that The terrorists posed a threat to IDF soldiers deployed in the Gaza Strip and were killed in a precision airstrike.
16 Palestinians killed in 24 hours
At least 16 Palestinians, including children, women, police officers and people seeking humanitarian aid, were killed in Israeli attacks in the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours. These attacks targeted homes, police posts, displacement areas and civilian gathering places in northern, central and southern Gaza, injuring dozens of people.
73,247 Palestinians have died so far in the war
Palestinian officials said that these air strikes targeted civilians in the Gaza Strip, which is a violation of the ceasefire by Israel. According to the latest figures released by Gaza’s Health Ministry, 1,123 Palestinians have been killed, 3,599 injured and 800 bodies recovered since the ceasefire came into force on October 11, 2025. Since the genocide began by Israel on October 7, 2023, 73,247 Palestinians have been killed and 173,707 injured, while thousands remain missing under debris or in areas inaccessible to rescuers. Most of the dead include women and children.
ELIMINATED: Omar Ahmed Abu Qasem, a Battalion Sniper Commander in Hamas’ military wing.
Leave a Reply