
So far 82 people have died in a major coal mine accident in China’s Shanxi province, while 9 people are still missing. This accident is considered to be China’s biggest coal mine accident in the last several years. According to government news agency Xinhua, the explosion occurred on Friday in a coal mine in Qinyuan County, Shanxi province. This area is about 520 km away from the capital Beijing. Before the accident, an alert of carbon monoxide gas was issued in the mine. After some time there was a massive explosion.
At that time 247 laborers were working inside the mine. After the blast, many workers were taken out, but many people were trapped inside. So far, the deaths of 82 people have been confirmed. Relief and rescue teams are continuously searching for the missing workers. After the accident, Chinese President Xi Jinping ordered rescue teams to make every possible effort to find the missing people. He said that strict action should be taken against those responsible for the accident.
Shanxi largest coal producer
Shanxi is the largest coal producing province of China. Although China has claimed to improve the safety of mines in the last few years, accidents are not stopping despite this. In February 2023, there was a landslide in a coal mine in Inner Mongolia, in which 53 workers died. Last month, four people lost their lives in a mine accident in Luliang area of Shanxi.
Jinping talked about strengthening preparations
Jinping said that all government departments and states should learn a lesson from this accident. He said that safety rules at work places should be strengthened so that such major accidents do not happen in future. He also said that the rainy season is currently going on in China, hence preparations should be kept strong to avoid floods and other natural hazards.
Chinese Prime Minister Li Qiang said that every possible effort should be made to save the missing workers. He said that the cause of the accident should be investigated soon and the culprits should be punished. According to government media, China’s Vice Prime Minister Zhang Guoqing and several local officials also reached the spot and are monitoring the relief work.
Also read: Hizbul Chief Salauddin, terrorists armed with AK-47 seen at Hamza’s funeral
Leave a Reply