
Israeli soldiers on Thursday killed two Palestinian youths in the occupied West Bank while they were surrendering to the troops. After this incident, Palestinians alleged that these men were brutally murdered. The Israeli army said it was investigating the matter. The killings, captured in two videos, came as Israel escalates its operations in the West Bank, where the army has increased its activities in the past two years. Israel says it is cracking down on militants. But Palestinians and human rights groups accuse Israel of using excessive force and say dozens of unarmed civilians have been killed.
As the shaky ceasefire in Gaza drags on, Israel is fighting on multiple fronts. On Thursday, Israel launched another round of airstrikes on suspected Hezbollah targets in southern Lebanon. Ongoing clashes in the region have raised concerns that unrest could spread and undermine the fragile ceasefire in Gaza.
Palestinian-American teen released
A Palestinian-American teenager who had been in Israeli custody for nine months was also released on Thursday night. The 16-year-old looked very thin and was embraced by his crying family. Israeli soldiers accused of executing Palestinian men in the West Bank have announced they are opening an investigation into the deaths of two men on Thursday, which Palestinians have called an execution.
two youths shot
In the video shown by Egyptian TV station Al-Ghad, which has no sound, the two men are seen lying on the ground in front of soldiers. They are then ordered to go to the entrance of a garage. Both men lifted their shirts to show that they were not carrying explosives or large weapons, and one of them held his hands in the air as they walked past. As soon as they fell on the ground and the soldiers surrounded them, the sound of bullets was heard and the men fell lifeless. At least one soldier fired his gun.
Israeli soldiers prosecuted
In a statement, the Israeli military said the two men were wanted terrorists who threw explosives and opened fire on soldiers in the northern city of Jenin. It said that after the men surrendered and came out of a building, the suspects were fired upon. It said the incident was being reviewed and would be referred to the relevant professional bodies. Palestinians and human rights groups say such investigations yield little results and Israeli soldiers are rarely prosecuted.
charge of death penalty
In Ramallah, the Palestinian Prime Minister’s Office accused Israel of brutally executing these people. It described the shooting as a gross extrajudicial killing in gross violation of international humanitarian law. Palestinian officials identified the men as al-Muntasir Abdullah, 26, and Yusuf Asasa, 37, and said Israel had taken their bodies.
More than 100 people detained
Increase in violence in the West Bank The shooting is part of a larger operation in the north-eastern region of the West Bank. According to Abdullah al-Zaghari, a spokesman for the advocacy group Palestinian Prisoners Club, Israeli forces have detained more than 100 people in the city of Tubas since Tuesday. The army has said that the operation was a response to efforts to establish terrorist strongholds and build terrorist infrastructure in the area.
Israeli stabbed to death
On 19 November, Palestinian attackers stabbed one Israeli to death and wounded three others, before being shot dead by soldiers. Since the October 7, 2023 attack, which sparked the war in Gaza, the Israeli military has expanded the scope of military operations in the West Bank. It has fought militants on several fronts, including against Hamas in Gaza and Hezbollah in Lebanon.
Leave a Reply