• Skip to primary navigation
  • Skip to main content
  • Skip to primary sidebar

Cric Hindi News

  • National
  • Lifestyle
  • International
  • Entertainment
  • Sports

One National Guard killed in firing near White House, Trump confirmed

November 28, 2025 by Uma Shankar

The death of a National Guard has been confirmed in the firing that took place on Wednesday in Washington DC, America. Actually, two National Guards were injured in the firing. Now President Donald Trump has informed that a National Guard Sarah Beckstrom has died. Trump’s first statement came out after the firing near the White House. In this statement, Trump confirmed the death of Sarah Beckstrom of West Virginia. He said, Sarah Beckstrom of West Virginia, the Guardswoman we were talking about, was a very respectable, young and wonderful person. She just left us. Now she is no more among us.

In his statement, Trump also informed about the condition of another seriously injured National Guard. The second victim, 24-year-old Andrew Wolfe, is still in critical condition and “still fighting for his life,” he said. Earlier, Beckstrom’s father, Gary Beckstrom, had told the New York Times that his injuries were unbearable. During the phone call, he said, “I am holding her hand right now. She has suffered fatal injuries. Her recovery is not possible.”

The country remembered the sacrifice

US Attorney Jeanine Pirro, the federal prosecutor for the nation’s capital, released a statement on social media following the announcement.

In the post, Pirro said, “Our condolences and prayers go out to the family of 20-year-old Sarah Beckstrom, a member of the National Guard — a hero who volunteered to serve people she never met on Thanksgiving Day and who made the ultimate sacrifice.”

Who is the suspect?

Both soldiers were seriously injured in the firing that took place a few blocks away from the White House. Officials are still investigating this attack. Which also includes two National Guard members. All the injured have been admitted to the hospital. The suspect has been identified as Rahmanullah Lakanwal, a 29-year-old Afghan national who entered the US in 2021.

The suspect is also still seriously injured. The US President also gave information about the health of the suspect who on Wednesday opened fire on National Guard soldiers just a few blocks away from the White House. Calling the suspect a monster, Trump said that he too is in critical condition.

US officials have confirmed that Rahmanullah Lakanwal, the Afghan man accused of shooting two National Guard members, spent several years in the CIA’s most secret Afghan combat units. 29-year-old Lakanwal had earlier served in zero units. These were CIA-backed strike teams that fought the Taliban and were later involved in securing Kabul airport in the final days of the US withdrawal in 2021.

Lakanwal arrived in the US the same year as part of Operation Ally’s Welcome — a Biden administration program that brought thousands of Afghans who had served with US forces.

What did the CIA say?

CIA Director John Ratcliffe said in a statement to CBS that the Biden administration was justified in bringing the alleged shooter to the United States in September 2021 because he had served with the US government, including the CIA, as a member of a partner force in Kandahar.

According to federal prosecutors, Lacanwal drove more than 2,500 miles from Bellingham, Washington, to Washington, DC, and then carried out what authorities described as an ambush.

About Uma Shankar

Uma Shankar writes about finance, business, and investment topics. He simplifies complex subjects like stock market, banking, tax, and cryptocurrency to help readers make informed financial decisions. Data-driven reporting is his strength.

Reader Interactions

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Primary Sidebar

Recent Posts

  • Today’s Number Astrology 1 December 2025: On the first day of the month, there will be a change in the lives of people with these 3 numbers, they will meet an old friend.
  • Judgment is written with ink and not on sand… Why did Justice Nagarathna say this?
  • There is still more work to do… Foreign Minister Rubio said after the US-Ukraine meeting
  • Parliament Winter Session 2025: Modi government will bring 14 big bills in the winter session, Congress ready to create ruckus
  • ‘It is a constitutional right to check citizenship before voter registration…’, the Election Commission replied in a new affidavit filed in the Supreme Court.

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

Archives

  • November 2025

Categories

  • Entertainment
  • International
  • Lifestyle
  • National
  • Sports

Copyright © 2025